Sunday, July 20, 2008

day 21:

i was planning on getting out of bed and running my last long run prior to next weeks marathon but i slept in. sleep was what was needed and i appreciated the extra time i got to spend with my wife. as i was only planning to go out for 90 minutes i thought i would be able to squeeze my run in some time during the day. time flew and before i knew it my window of opportunity got smaller and i was only able to get out for 70 minutes before cooking dinner.

with that 70 minutes i tried to push the pace and run around marathon effort trying to get my mind and body used to it before next sunday. but i was fully energy depleted. while i could pick it up and run as fast as usual i struggled to maintain a hard effort for anything longer than a few minutes before the monkey would jump on my back to slow me down. when this happened i backed off and allowed myself to recover as i didn't want to push myself into a whole only a week out from my goal race.

my wife was also a little concerned about my weight loss so i made sure that i ate a little more today to keep my bodyweight up rather than lose any more. i plan on dropping a little during the next few days prior to a short carb load starting two days out from race day.

personal stats:
weight: 163lb (-9)
sleep: 8hrs (good)
feeling: good
legs: a little tight

today's exercise:
run: 70' easy w/ surges - 9 miles

today's diet:
breakfast: fried bacon, mushrooms, pepper, tomato, GF sausage w/ eggs + orange
snack: almonds, cheese
lunch: spicy sausage, olives w/ cheese on a bed of fried spinach and mushrooms + "winter warmer" (chili soy chocolate drink)
snack: almond, raisins, cheese
dinner: red thai curry chicken w/ veggies (carrot, sweet potato, broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant)

No comments:

Day 2: Early start

After discovering that my wife's bike had been stolen from the bus stop where I had chained it up for my ride home last night meant that...