my goals going into next year are all centred on the ultra-distance with maybe a quick marathon or two thrown in and a couple of epic journey runs to please the adventurer within.
my base building recipe:
- build mileage over the next few weeks to around 160-200+ km per week
- maintain mileage for the next 12 weeks
- include double runs on at least 4 days per week
- run 2 medium long runs and a run of 4-5 hours each week
- maintain a hill/short repeat session, one longer interval session (6-10 minutes) and some threshold work on the trails each week
- include a monthly mountain or trail race
- perform at least 3 yoga sessions each week
- start doing 2 strength sessions each week focusing on building leg and core strength
- add in some cross-training and start riding my bike to help build leg strength and hill climbing ability
- continue to focus on optimal recovery nutrition (waiting for a recent book purchase to help)
- focus on ensuring that i hydrate sufficiently during the upcoming summer months
- start running in my vibram fivefingers on my recovery runs
think i'll start with a 3 hour trail run before work in the morning...