Friday, August 15, 2008

one week after...

it has been a week since i ran my 90k trail run and the physical healing feels almost complete. i had a few short runs last week which all felt painful and difficult but today while i struggled aerobically i feel great now.

yesterday was my last day at work before taking a week off and starting a new one. i had a couple of farewell meals out and can honestly say that i made some good choices.

thursday's lunch out was grilled snapper (fish) with vegetables (no chips) and on friday i chose the 400g grain fed steak with vegetables and salad. of course there were some none primal additions to my week like beer and cake. but when work colleagues have gone out of their way to say thank you for the work you have done you can hardly say no can you?

last week's food choice freedom and rest was exactly what i needed to help restore my somewhat broken down body. next week i plan on resuming my training and will start eating more primal.

i'm getting excited and feel ready to go again. breaks are great to rekindle the motivation.

see you next week... stay primal!

No comments:

Day 2: Early start

After discovering that my wife's bike had been stolen from the bus stop where I had chained it up for my ride home last night meant that...